Head, Sustainable Energy
Head of Division
Reporting to Position
Director, Sustainable Development Implementation
Sustainable Development Planning
Subordinates (Positions & No)
1. Analyst (1)
Energy is the highest carbon emission contributor. This Division will work on technologies which are still not in deployed in volume OR are still new. Pilot/Demonstration driven Division with the intention of main-streaming such technologies irrespective of local or foreign ones.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To advise CEO and Key Stakeholders on the various landscape of sustainable energy and low carbon energy – technical, economic, political and business viability.
- To be the Thought Leader on Sustainable Energy and Low Carbon Energy within Malaysian and ASEAN Region context
- To lead the Division on the following focus areas:
- New Energy Efficiency Technologies and Concepts
- New Renewable Energy Technologies and Concepts
- Low Carbon Technologies for Fossil-Fuel based Power Generation
- Future Energy
- To initiate strategic studies and pilot projects and secure project funding accordingly
- To establish collaboration with relevant organisation to achieve the Division’s objective and goals
- To acquire, retain and develop high potential talents for Divisions and Departments under supervision
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor Degree in Engineering / Science / Environment / or other related subject areas.
No of Minimum Years of Experience
At least 3 years in managerial level.
Key Competencies & Behaviours
- Proven ability to lead, negotiate and present ideas
- Has a good management and leadership skill, self-motivated, pro-active, good problem solver with strong analytical skill
- Good written and oral communication as well as interpersonal skill – able to communicate with people of all levels
- High integrity and excellent work ethics with strong sense of responsibility, commitment and discipline
- Willing to learn and dynamic
- Meticulous in work with strong attention to details
- Highly results driven with a strong sense of urgency
- Must have technical expertise and knowledge pertaining to few areas under green technology