The ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) was established in 1999 with a strong founding vision to strengthen energy cooperation among the members of the Association of South East Asia Nations (ASEAN). With the exponential growth in energy demand and the increasing priority placed on regional energy integration and cooperation, there is a need to enhance ACE to fully realise its potential to play a pivotal role in shaping ASEAN’s energy landscape. In this regard, ASEAN is seeking an exceptional professional with strong leadership skills and management abilities to lead ACE’s transformation into a regional energy knowledge hub and think-tank.
The Executive Director will represent the collective interests of the 10 ASEAN Member States in the field of energy, including through facilitating the implementation of the ASEAN Plan of Action for Energy Cooperation (APAEC), and is responsible for overseeing the administrative and operational duties of the Centre. The Executive Director will also be tasked with developing the Centre into a regional energy think-tank, which conducts influential analyses and provides perspectives that impact energy policy in ASEAN.
The position is based in Jakarta.
The Candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and management abilities, with at least 10 years of senior management experience in the energy sector (in government, semi-government and/or corporate organisations)
- Commitment to strengthen ASEAN energy cooperation and to facilitate ASEAN energy engagement with external stakeholders
- Strong analytical mind, a high political acumen and keen understanding of ASEAN and its stakeholders
- At least a post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent command of the English language, with good verbal and written skills
- Physically fit and willing to travel
- Citizen of an ASEAN Member State
- The age limit of the candidate is 57 years old
Remuneration and appointment will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send your application to the Human Resource Division of the ASEAN Secretariat at email@example.com, highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position, together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded from the ASEAN Website at the link http://www.asean.org/opportunities/asec-employment-form.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for ACE Executive Director.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 20 September 2013.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.