Global environmental issues, such as climate change and deforesation which
affects biodiversity, have emerged as new challenges to nations of the world.
Many of these cause and effects could be linked to human activity and until
every single nation takes up this cause to improve our diverse nature we have
much to lose. Many countries has pledged to become a low-carbon emitting society
through green technologies and green industries in the hope to enhance
eco-efficiency while minimizing adverse environmental impacts.
Green Technology is the development and application of products, equipment and
system used to conserve the natural environment and resources, in the attempt to
avert ecological problems.
Criteria of Green Tech products, equipments or systems:
- It minimizes the degration of the environment;
- It has zero or low green house gas (GHG) emission;
- It is safe for use and promotes healthy and improved environment for all forms
- It conserves the use of energy and natural resources; and
- It promotes the use of renewable resources.